If you like a challenge in your training sets, We have a nice one here for you to try out.
- 6x150m as 2x150m (alternating between 25m front crawl, 25m backstroke), 2x150m (50m kick, 50m pull, 50m full swim), 2x150m (swimming stroke/strokes of own choice).
- 200m kicking, using a stroke of your choice
- 200m pulling, using a stroke of your choice.
Set 1 – Yes there is more than 1 part to this main set 😉
- 12x25m leg burners (if you’re not feeling it in your legs, you’re not going hard enough!). Swim the first six 25m lengths without fins and the final six with fins but with a kick board held vertically. Take 15 secs rest between each 25m.
- For the odd lengths (1,3,5 etc), swim max effort, on the even lengths (2,4,6 etc), swim max effort up to 10m then easy to the end for one length, 15m max for the next, 20m max for the next, then back to 10m max again.
- 2x200m pull using pullbuoy and paddles. Swim the first 200m easy as a bit of a rest then the second 200m a bit harder back up to training pace but not sprinting.
- Repeat the above but with fewer 25m so 8x25m leg burners, four without fins, four with fins and kickboard. Max effort on the odd lengths, max up to 10m, 15m and 20m on the even lengths. 15 secs rest between each 25m.
- 2x200m pull using pullbuoy and paddles, first 200m easy, second 200m harder.
Main Set – Part 2
- Choose either 4x100m or 4x75m front crawl with fins on 1min30. Wait until the 1min30 is up before starting your next 100m/75m.
- 4x50m front crawl without fins. Swim the first 50m on 40 seconds, the second 50m on 45 seconds, the third 50m on 50 seconds and the fourth 50m on 55 seconds. Wait until the number of seconds are up before starting your next 50m.
- Repeat these two drills another three times.
Main Set – Part 3 – I kept this one especially for you
- Choose between 400m, 300m, 200m or 100m swimming a stroke of your choice.
- 200m easy kick using a stroke of your choice.
If you are short on time, you can pick between main sets or choose to half the distance on certain sets.
If you require equipment here is a few links to kit that we would recommend using:
Paddles & Pullbuoy’s